Bikini waxing is imperative especially if you want to go to the beach this summer and sport that stylish bikini you saw at the store. However, be informed that while bikini waxing yields great results, it can have bad consequences…
To begin with, in case you have the misfortune of getting an inexperienced aesthetician, the whole experience can be quite uncomfortable… On the other hand if you end up doing any of the no-nos, things can get worse.
So glance through these simple Dos and Don’ts and never do the wrong things!
The Dos of Bikini Waxing
- Ensure that hair is at least 1/4th of an inch before you wax.
- Mild exfoliation with a mild product and soft mitts in the run up to the waxing session is imperative.
- Hygiene is first priority, so take a good shower and clean up the area before you go for your waxing appointment.
- Taking a pain med is also recommended.
- Talk to your aesthetician at length, discussing exactly what you want, and what you are uncomfortable about with respect to bikini wax.
- Use a cold compress on the area once you get home. This will sooth the area.
- Use a mild cleanser to cleanse the area twice a day after the waxing session to prevent red bumps.
- Exfoliate afterwards to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Visit a dermatologist if any serious rash appears.
- Bikini waxing during or for a week before your period is a complete no-no!
- Don’t D-I-Y your first bikini wax.
- No double-dipping at the salon – this is a hotbed for infections! Double-dipping happens when you dip the spatula into the wax pot, apply it on the area to be waxed and re-dip the same spatula once again!
- Don’t apply any creams or lotions prior to waxing.
- Don’t wear tight clothes or lingerie, especially for the day.
- Don’t take hot showers for the first 48 hours.
- Don’t go sun-bathing or to the beach again for 48 hours.
- The 48 hour rule applies to sex too!
- And don’t apply any moisturizers for the first couple of days after the wax.
Incoming search terms:
- VAXING (8)
- bikini wax dos and donts (6)
- women waxing (4)
- wax woman (2)
- vaxing com (1)
- vaxing for women (1)
- wax women (1)
- waxing gov (1)
- WAXVOMEN (1)
- women vaxing com (1)
- bikini vaxing (1)
- thngs 2 be kept n mind while doing bikini waqng (1)
- bikini wax same spatula (1)
- bikini waxing dos and donts (1)
- brazilian waxing dos and donts (1)
- do n dont brazilian wax (1)
- do or dont bikini wax (1)
- dos and donts of pubic waxing (1)
- hand waxing for women (1)
- things to keep in mind while waxing vaginal area (1)