With such a wide range of hair removal options available…often, choosing the right one for you becomes difficult! For example, when it comes to getting rid of facial hair, we are often faced with the dilemma…should we go for waxing or threading?
Well, let’s clear the cloud a bit.
Here is why threading is a good option for you.
Pros of Threading
- It is extremely sanitary. No tools or chemicals are used in this process apart from the thread which is thrown away after every use.
- Since no chemicals are used in threading, chemical induced risks like skin irritation and allergic outbursts are completely eliminated.
- Threading is a quick hair removal option. When done by professionals, threading is just a matter of a few minutes.
- Threading, if performed routinely can give you permanent results. When threaded frequently, hair follicles are damaged thus preventing them from growing.
Cons of Threading
- If threading is performed incorrectly, threading simply breaks the hair follicles. It does not pull the hair out from its roots. In these cases, the hair grows back much faster.
- Threading is impossible on short hair. Hair should be of a minimum length of 1/16-inch to enable you to thread it.
- Threading requires great skill and practice for it to become absolutely correct. And this is the reason why there is a scarcity of trained professionals in this field.
- If you have a low pain tolerance level, threading might be annoying and uncomfortable for you.
Pros of Waxing
- Waxing results in a smoother appearance which can last for weeks depending on your hair growth rate.
- Waxing can be done almost on any part of the body and almost on any hair length.
- Over time, repeated waxing will reduce hair growth.
- It is ideal for those who are going on vacations and will not get the chance of hair removal in between. It is also ideal for those who do not like to thread or shave.
- Waxing your face is equally easy. You can get your facial hair waxed both at salon and in the privacy of your home. It will not take much time and is pretty much inexpensive.
Cons of Waxing
- Waxing is a painful process. A burning sensation is created which can last long after the process is complete.
- With sensitive skin, waxing can give you a lot of complications like red and irritated skin…rashes, etc. Even if you don’t have sensitive skin, while waxing your face, it can cause irritation around the eyes.
- Waxing should be done regularly to reap the maximum benefits out of it…however, if you are inexperienced, waxing regularly at the salon can become pretty expensive.
- If you have certain skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis…waxing is not for you.
- Some people opine that regular waxing causes the skin around their eye sockets to droop over time.
However, one bit of advice…whichever one you choose, try to get it done by professionals the first time at least.
Incoming search terms:
- eczema thread (1)
- which one to do first facial or face threading (1)
- threading vs waxing chin (1)
- threading for face for first timers (1)
- shorter hair waxing or threading (1)
- right age for threading (1)
- problems with facial treadding (1)
- is threading a good option for facial hair removal (1)
- is it safe to wax face for the first time (1)
- how to select a hair removal thread (1)
- Getting face waxed for first time (1)
- first do wax or facial (1)
- wsx vs threading and risks (1)