You need to take extra proper care of your skin for the next couple of days after your waxing appointment so that you can ensure that your skin doesn’t flare up with a bout of rashes or blisters that blows the purpose of it altogether!
Here is a list of the various after-waxing care tips for men.
- Do keep the waxed area clean, and protected from exposure to heat for at least the next 3 days.
- Make sure you wear clean and loose fitted clothes.
- Soothe the skin by applying antiseptic creams over the waxed body parts for the next 48 hours. Make certain that your hands are washed clean before you apply the cream.
- You can also use products with tea tree oil on the waxed areas as they are anti-bacterial in nature.
- Don’t take hot baths or showers
- Avoid saunas, spas, steam rooms or hot tubs
- Abstain from sunbathing or any other kind of tanning programs
- Say no to gym, sports or any other forms of exercise, sweating is to be avoided at all costs
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools or the sea
- Any kind of deodorant, powders, body sprays, lotions and similar other products are a complete no-no
- Don’t scratch and don’t even touch the waxed area with unclean hands
- Abstain from condoms and/or any other form of lubricants
If you are experiencing Redness or Burning, then don’t worry, it will go away. However, if the irritation persists then it is better if you go and see a physician.
After 3 Days of Waxing
The risk of infection goes away after around 48 hours. Now, your consideration is ingrown hair. You need to prevent this situation because ingrown hairs can lead to itchiness and redness. And a few simple steps will help you to combat this situation.
- Take a soft brush or exfoliating gloves and gently work on the waxed areas at regular intervals for 2 to 3 days. Don’t scrub hard…just gentle exfoliation will do.
- Products like PFB can be used after shower. This product has lactic acid content that removes dead cells so that your hair can grow back through the follicle opening.
- Keep the skin well hydrated and moisturized. It will make your next waxing session less painful and you will remain hair free for a longer period of time.
As an after-waxing care product, Vitamin E creams are very good. It keeps your skin healthy.
When can you expect to go for the next waxing appointment?
Re-growth of hair can start around one week after the waxing session. It will take around four waxing sessions to reduce the growth rate of your body hair. However, make sure that the hair is at least 5 mm in length so that it can be successfully waxed. Do not shave in between waxing appointments!
With these simple after waxing care tips, you can expect to reap the maximum benefits of waxing and flaunt smooth skin for a longer period of time.
Incoming search terms:
- male waxing tips (24)
- chest waxing tips (18)
- Waxing Tips for Men (17)
- back waxing tips (16)
- post waxing skin care (15)
- chest waxing for men tips (13)
- what to do after waxing chest (13)
- post back waxing care (13)
- back wax aftercare (11)
- after back wax care (11)
- men waxing tips (9)
- treatment after waxing chest (6)
- after chest wax care (6)
- best thing to do after waxing chest (5)
- what to do after waxing back (5)
- chest wax aftercare (5)
- what to do after a back wax (4)
- What can I use to exfoliate a mans freshly waxed chest (4)
- male waxing aftercare (3)
- what to use after waxing chest (3)