While this question is indeed debatable, let’s just start by looking at the pros and cons of getting a Bikini Wax while you are pregnant.
Why get a Bikini Wax when you are expecting?
During pregnancy the reasons for getting a Bikini Wax are usually the same ones that most women who aren’t pregnant will cite. However, during pregnancy these very reasons become even more potent. For instance:
- A lot of pregnant women confess to having quicker hair growth due to the hormonal changes in the body. In such cases, a shave or hair-removal creams can hardly give long-lasting effect.
- Pregnancy also causes skin to itch. This actually worsens if you have more hair than you like, or in case of hair re-growth after shaving.
- It is also the time for prickly heat – this can be controlled to a certain extent if you wax so that there is no hair in which the sweat can collect.
- And of course, just because you are pregnant does not mean that you wouldn’t want to look and feel sexy and ravishing!
Why you may be feeling scared about getting that Bikini Wax
Here are a few “perceived” cons. We call most of them perceived, because that is what women think to discourage themselves from waxing during pregnancy. However, the first one is true.
- Pregnancy is the time for you to be extra careful about contracting infections, because of your baby and your inability to take strong medicines. And waxing does pose a few risks in that department. However, choosing a reputed and hygienic salon for the purpose tackles this!
- Since at this time women’s skin is most sensitive, women think that the process will be quite painful.
- Further a lot of women expect bleeding, and bruising afterwards.
- And finally, it may seem like the pain will be much worse, since you are pregnant.
The Final Verdict on Bikini Waxing During Pregnancy
As long as you go to a good salon:
- Chances of infection are minimal.
- The waxing is done by adept professionals who know what they are doing, so you do not feel a huge amount of pain.
- They will be able to guide you as to how much hair removal will be comfortable considering the stage of pregnancy you are in, and your general bikini waxing history. So be frank while you make your appointment.
- Also, tea tree oil products are almost always used for after-wax care. But a good salon will know that that will increase irritation during pregnancy, and thus have alternate products on hand.
Tips for Bikini Waxing while you are Pregnant
- Contact a good and reputable waxing salon and fix an appointment – this point cannot be stressed enough.
- Make sure that you tell your individual aesthetician that you are pregnant at the time of the session. This will ensure proper care as well as use of after wax products sans tea tree oil or extract.
- Hold your belly in the direction opposite to the one in which the aesthetician is pulling – this lessens the discomfort.
- Always make sure you discuss how far along you are, and how much waxing you are comfortable with.
- Agree to whatever the salon experts recommend – they do work with pregnant women and they know best.
So worry no more, be bold and prepare to be the sexy mummy-to-be you always wanted to be!