Since Waxing involves pulling out the hair from the roots, it can result in minor tears and injuries. While your body is well equipped to heal itself in such cases, if the injury becomes the opening through which you contract an infection, chances are your body will not be able to deal with it so easily.
And in the worst case scenario – it can lead to other, bigger problems too.
How do you find a way around this? By ensuring that the waxing is done keeping the highest hygiene standards in mind, you can avoid such infection scares. When you do it at home, you always ensure that everything is clean and sterilized and new. But when you go to a salon or spa, how can you ensure complete hygiene?
Well, basically, you can’t – but looking out for a few signs when choosing the salon could ensure that you are going in for a safe experience.
The “Have-nots” and the “Haves” to check
As the name suggests – these attributes your salon should not have
- Everything – equipment, products and the rest are all messy.
- When any sessions (not just waxing, but others too) are over, the used equipment is directly put back into drawers or boxes, instead of being put in the sterilizer.
- Waxing pots with wax all over it.
- Dirty containers and shelves.
- Inability to explain the hygiene standards when asked.
And now for the…
- The aesthetician wears gloves during the procedure.
- They make you fill up a questionnaire at the start – a client questionnaire asking you about allergies, medicine you take, and conditions you may have.
- The rollers used to apply the wax should be clean.
- They make you lie down on paper “sheets” instead of cloth.
- There’s no double dipping the spatula in the wax pot.
- For bikini wax, they provide you with a disposable panty to wear.
- Also, if you see an aesthetician who’s been there for a while – that person is bound to be experienced.
There’s no replacement for hygiene and cleanliness – especially where your health and your delicate skin are concerned. And one of the first precautions to take is to choose your salon wisely. Therefore, take a trip around the salon first, before making an appointment, and then pick…
Incoming search terms:
- hoe hygiënisch is waxen in salon (3)
- wax hygiene (3)
- hygiene waxing (2)
- hygiene in waxing (2)
- choosing a salon for waxing (1)
- salon bikini wax hygiene (1)
- salon wax hygiene (1)
- spa wax hygiene (1)
- waxing at home hygiene (1)
- What is higene vaxing (1)
- safety pre cautions applied in salon with waxing hygiene (1)
- hygienic wax (1)
- hygienic parlours for bikini wax (1)
- hygiene while waxing (1)
- how to do hygienic brazilian waxing in the salon? (1)
- how to choose where to wax (1)
- how to choose the right salon for waxing (1)
- how can you ensure that skin care products and equipment are hygienic (1)
- what to know when choosing a waxing place (1)