There are many ways to get a smooth, hairless face but waxing is probably the safest option you can consider. Yes, it is somewhat painful but going the right way can greatly reduce the pain.
So, let’s move on to how you can wax your face on your own (or with a friend’s assistance):
Step#1: Find The Right Product For Your Skin
- Get a waxing kit that suits your skin type. That’s because certain waxing kits may contain ingredients which can irritate your skin.
- Ideally, look for a product which is clinically tested and recommended for sensitive skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, go for products containing skin-soothing ingredients such as aloe vera.
Step#2: Clean your face
- Before you wax your face, make sure that you clean it thoroughly.
- Start by rinsing and exfoliating your face with a mild facial scrubber.
- Also, wash your hands well because dirty ones can contaminate the wax and eventually lead to skin infection.
Step#3: Men should trim their facial hair before waxing
- The more you trim your beard, the less pain you will suffer while waxing your face.
- However, make sure that you trim the hair to a length no shorter than 1/6th to 1/8th of an inch.
Step#4: Start waxing your face
Check this video for a tutorial on waxing your face.
Since facial waxing involves eyebrow waxing as well, you can click here to get some bang on tips on eyebrow waxing!
Step#5: Soothe your facial skin.
- Press the waxed area with hands or a chilled bottle to reduce discomfort.
- Apply a mild after-wax lotion to sooth your facial skin.
Some other pointers to consider before and after waxing your face:
- Don’t apply makeup on the day you will be waxing your face.
- Men should not shave on the day they go for facial waxing.
- Before using any waxing kit, it is imperative to do a patch test to find out if it will suit your skin.
- Use a magnifying glass to have a close look. This will make it easier to locate your unwanted hairs.
- You can also consider using a numbing spray before waxing. This will help to reduce the discomfort usually associated with waxing.
Try these tips and feel the difference!
Incoming search terms:
- face waxing at home (95)
- how to wax your face (73)
- how to do face waxing at home (59)
- face wax at home (58)
- how to wax face (47)
- face waxing tips (41)
- how to wax face at home (40)
- Face wax (39)
- waxing steps (34)
- how to wax your face at home (31)
- how to do face wax at home (29)
- how to do face wax (29)
- how to wax on face (24)
- how to do face waxing (24)
- wax for face (23)
- facial waxing at home (22)
- face wax before and after (20)
- how to do wax on face (19)
- how to face wax at home (18)
- facial waxing tips (16)