Waxing is one of the most effective and perhaps the most popular method of hair removal. And there are two very basic types of waxing – hot or cold waxing. In all likeness, often, when you visit the salon for a waxing session…the salon attendant asks about your preference- hot and cold wax! Have you been able to answer her in full confidence or have you just asked her to do what she thinks is the best?
When it is your body…your skin… an informed decision always puts you in a better position and therefore, today it is all about providing you with all the information on Hot Wax.
First…let’s have a look at the pros and cons of hot waxing.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Hot Wax
- With hot waxing, the wax adheres better to the hair.
- Hot waxing might be a painful option but it offers better result in one go.
- When compared to cold waxing, hot waxing is a messy process.
- Application of hot wax is somewhat difficult.
- Waxing smaller areas like eyebrows or upper lips are difficult with hot wax.
How to Prepare Hot Wax at Home?
To prepare your own hot wax for a DIY waxing session, you will require
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Creamy or thick honey – ¼th of a cup
- Lemon juice – 2 Tbsp
- Molasses – a small amount
Watch this video for a visual guide on the preparation of your own hot wax!
Now, that the wax is prepared, it is time to apply it!
The 5 Steps to Warm Waxing
- You can either prepare your own hot wax or just melt the store bought wax in a wax warmer.
- Spread the warm wax evenly over your skin with the help of a wooden spatula. Be careful that the wax isn’t too warm!
- Now place a cloth strip over the wax and the press it down.
- Pull off the cloth strip in a direction opposite to that of your hair growth in a sharp jerk.
- Repeat if necessary and to avoid the discomfort, follow the after waxing care tips.
Tips to Remember During Hot Waxing
- The hair should at least be 1/8 inches long…otherwise the wax will not hold onto your hair.
- Lightly powder the area to be waxed before waxing so that the wax gets a better grip.
- For any stray hair, use tweezers.
- For any remaining bits of wax, use a light body lotion.
Incoming search terms:
- types of waxing (44)
- hot wax pros and cons (5)
- information about hot wax (4)
- facts about hot wax (2)
- what is the right consistecy of melting hot wax for waxing (2)
- hot wax of body information (1)
- Warm Wax Information (1)
- video hot waxing (1)
- facts about wax warm (1)
- pros and cons of warm wax (1)
- pros and cons of hot wax (1)
- pros and cons of hot and cold waxing (1)
- hot wacksing information (1)
- pros and cons about hot wax (1)
- pros and cons hot and cold wax (1)