Aesthetics is not the only reason to keep your underarms hair-free though it is quite a compelling reason in itself! Clean underarms can also help you tackle the body odor issue. Though you can remove hair from this sensitive area in many ways ranging from shaving to hair removal creams, they are likely to leave your skin dark, bumpy and wrinkly…Fortunately, with waxing these problems can be successfully dealt with, leaving you with clean underarms in no time!
Moreover, waxing helps remove dead cells from the surface of your skin, thus giving your underarms the much coveted smooth look. With waxing, it takes longer for the hair to regrow.
Most women dread waxing their underarm region since this being quite a sensitive area, the feeling of pain is quite intense than in other body parts. However, done the right way, it can turn out to be a less painful experience.
Here are a few tips to consider that will make waxing your underarms all the more easier:
Tip#1: Consider the length of hair before waxing
If your hair is very short, the wax will not grip it properly. As a result, the hair will not come off neatly. On the other hand, waxing long hair can be quite painful. For optimum results, make sure that your hair is about ¼ inches long. If your underarm hair is longer than that, trim it to the right length before you wax.
Tip#2: Scrub your underarms before waxing
Proper exfoliation clears dirt and impurities and unblocks hair follicles, which makes it easier to release hair. Thus, it makes the waxing process less painful. So make sure that you exfoliate your underarms before you wax them.
Tip#3: Dry your underarms
Wax does not stick properly to sweaty underarms. So before you wax them, make sure that you wash the skin with warm water and pat it dry. The heat will also make your hair softer, thus making them easier to pull.
To soak up excess moisture from the skin, you can also apply talcum powder.
Tip #4: Pop a Painkiller (If You Feel Like)
Since waxing can be painful, you can take some over the counter anti inflammatory medicines, such as ibuprofen about half an hour before you wax.
You can also consider applying topical solutions like lidocaine, but do keep in mind that such medicines can have severe allergic reactions in some users.
Tip#5: Wax your underarms the right way
As you wax your underarms, make sure that:
- You stretch the arm being waxed tightly so that you don’t miss the hair in the folds of skin.
- Apply a wax strip or a thin layer of hot wax in the direction opposite to that of hair growth.
- Wax small areas at a time.
Check out this video to learn the right way to wax your underarms:
However, when it comes to waxing your underarms, you may not manage to do it properly on your own. It is probably best to ask a friend or roomie for help.
Tip#6: Pay Heed To After Care
Once you have finished waxing, you can:
- Rub an ice cube on the area. This will help to numb the pain after waxing.
- You can also apply a calming, cooling moisturizer (consider something with aloe) after you have waxed.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes for a few days after waxing. Tight fitting clothes can rub and irritate the skin.
- To avoid ingrown hair, you can exfoliate your arms with a very mild scrub 24 hours after waxing.
- You can also use an after wax lotion as it can guard against any possible infection and irritation.
- For the first few days, avoid applying deodorants, anti-perspirants, perfumes or talcum powder on the waxed areas.
Try the tips, and you won’t be disappointed with the results…
Incoming search terms:
- how to wax underarms (658)
- underarm waxing (534)
- underarm waxing tips (449)
- how to wax underarms at home (318)
- waxing at home underarms (155)
- how to do underarm waxing at home (147)
- how to make wax at home for underarms (142)
- how to wax underarms without pain (127)
- how to wax underarms naturally at home (120)
- how to wax armpit (117)
- waxing underarms for first time (110)
- underarm wax (102)
- waxing armpits (99)
- armpit waxing tips (98)
- underarm waxing at home (98)
- how to wax underarm (95)
- underarms wax (74)
- waxing underarms tips (67)
- how to do wax underarms (64)
- How to wax armpits (64)