Given that men have become more receptive to changing viewpoints a growing majority of men these days want to flaunt a cleaner and neater look rather than the rough cowboy look, including ‘waxing’ in their appearance maintenance regimen!
Once viewed primarily as a form of female hygiene…waxing has gained importance among men in a very short period of time.
And here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind for our male audience who are contemplating this change, before they go for a waxing session.
- Get a shower before the appointment and if possible, gently exfoliate the areas you intend to wax. This will remove dead skin cells and eliminate excess sweat build up. It also minimizes the risks of itchiness, ingrown hair, rashes, pimples, etc.
- Make sure that your skin is not oily or excessively moisturized at the time of waxing or immediately prior to that.
- Abstain from the usage of hair removal creams or shaving kits at least 3 weeks before your waxing session.
- Make sure that the hair that you want waxed is a minimum of ½ cm in length so that the waxing session is smooth and less painful.
- Once you start and want to go on with it, wax at regular intervals, it will lessen the pain sensation gradually and the younger the hair…the easier will it come out.
- Wear loose fitted and comfortable clothes for your waxing session.
- If you are suffering from any contagious or infectious skin condition, postpone your plans of waxing, till you are better. If your skin is sun burnt, broken or chafed…waxing cannot be done.
- If you have been using steriod creams, Differin, Retin-A or any other retinoid acne medications for the last 3 months, make sure your professional knows about it.
- Under no circumstances should you use commercial/chemical products on the waxed area.Once you are done with the waxing session, apply a cold compress. It will cool the skin and will also reduce the risk of skin infection.
- Make sure you get waxed from a professional salon. It will be less painful, more hygienic and the results will be better.
Make sure to keep these tips and tricks in mind as you get prepared for a waxing session!